• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricox

Field Marshal
58 Badges
Sep 24, 2009
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
aarstartpic.png
WARNING - TONS OF PICTURES!

I decided to take part in Alexspeed's AAR contest and write my first AAR and actually play my first serious game of Victoria 2 without major cheating! I even bought Victoria 2 just for this as I always played using my friend's copy (he never wanted me to register it, but he said he doesn't want to play it himself either).

NOTE: I am playing on very easy difficulty and I have a bit incerased influence & research modifiers, but they aren't anything major. Uh also forgot to mention that I modded the conquest war goal so it's available even on a nation like UK at its normal 1838 borders.
NOTE 2: I also incerased the rate at which bad boy decrases because in an AAR where I'm supposed to annex a lot of countries it's kinda nice to not wait 20 years between every war.

Anyways, in this AAR I am going to try to unify Italy and check out how good I play this game.. at the easiest difficulty possible with additional modifiers, hehe. I am probably not gonna end the AAR with unification of Italy and I'm gonna play into the 1900's because I want to finish my first V2 game at once.

Chapter 1 - The Beginning.
Chapter 2 - Hi, economical crisis & Colonizing Time?
Chapter 3 - Peace is boring, but profitable & Great Power.
Chapter 4 - Are we done yet?
Chapter 5 - Unification of Italy.
Chapter 6 - Hey, I'm Italy! & Hey, Spain, get off my puppet!
Chapter 7 - Peacetime returns. & Liberating Italian people.
Chapter 8 - Italian golden era. & Spain needs another lesson.
Chapter 9 - Golden Era continues.

Last edited:
Chapter 1 - The Beginning

NOTE: I have almost no knowledge about Two Sicilies history.

v2game2010102922405545.jpg

Two Sicilies in 1836

The new King that has taken power in Two Sicilies is popular amongst the Sicilian population after his promise that Rome will be the new capital of the great kingdom. Pope was outraged by the recent news and in the first days of King's rule relations have decrased between two Italian neighbours.

v2game2010102922581459.jpg

The Greeks were impressed by the Sicilian goals and offered an alliance which was accepted.

The economical situation in the Kingdom is declining and that has caused the King to re-consider the current budget spendings & taxes with priority going to rich strata. A large tax was put to the lower class which caused unhappiness amongst them, especially farmers. A worker strike lasting 2 weeks was caused by the high taxes, the damage was minimal as Naples garrison was able to supress it before it got out of control.

v2game2010102923003493.jpg

Budget spendings & taxes after reforms passed

The year has also started with 2 European great powers willing to expand their borders. French have declared war on Algeria while Austrians declared war on Denmark, but then a question comes up - how is Austria going to get to Denmark? Going all the way around Europe or maybe Prussians will be foolish enough to grant military access to Austrian neighbours?

Economical situation in Two Sicilies continues to decline, so a decision is made to incerase the taxes & lower budget spendings even more to avoid bankrupcy. Local govrement in Naples is encouraging craftsmen to work for the under construction cement factory, thought the encouraging stopped immediately after thousands of unemployed craftsmen were complaining that they were promised a job, but the factory is far from complete. The unemployed craftsmen were given small uneployment wage until factory construction was done.

King's military advisor has suggested several possible expansion routes, few of them being - Morocco, Algeria, Papal States and Greece. King immediately declined the offer to invade Greece, Morocco and Algeria, so only Papal States was left, but sadly it wasn't easy to invade it as they were under French protection.

The first General to come into service as high-ranked officer was Mario Chigi, a brave and experienced soldier that has fought in the French Foreing Legion as a respected and well-known soldier. His brother, Armando Chigi, is the first admiral in Sicilian fleet that is currently taking control of the only Sicilian flotilla. Armando Chigi, like his brother, has fought in the French Foreing Legion, but instead was captain of a frigate that single-handely encircled and sunk 3 clipper transports and 1 other frigate.

Last edited:
Chapter 2a - Hi, economical crisis

The kingdom has been hit with a massive economical crisis which has forced the nation to lower budget spendings on national stockpile filling up by 50%. A factory is being built in the capital city Naples in hopes of bringing in massive income so the economy doesn't die.

The second step towards survival was loaning out 1000$ from various world banks, mainly from Bank of China. This money stockpile will be enough to survive until the industry, hopefully, starts running.

v2game2010102923184943.jpg

Budget spendings low, taxes high, people unhappy, King in depression.

Chapter 2b - Colonizing time?

King's eyes are turned at Tunis - an unprotected nation that is not allied with anyone and isn't in anyone's sphere of influence. This is King's chance to become a hero in the eyes of his people and he isn't going to let it go. The invasion plan is simple - land the invasion troops in the heart of Tunis - the capital city Tunis.

v2game2010102923310300.jpg

The war begins and the small Sicilian navy is ready to save the day.

The small invasion force consisting of 9,000 men led by Mario Chigi loads into the transport ships and the majority of troops are left in Naples due to low amount of transports in the fleet. The ships slowly approach the waters of Tunis as they notice a large garrison dug in the capital.

General Chigi immediately orders the ships to continue sailing across the coasts in search of a better invasion place because the small invasion force is not ready to fight approximately 9,000 dug in Tunisian men.

v2game2010102923334746.jpg

Sicilian fleet unloading in nearby province.

In matter of days several thousand men arrived as reinforcements from Sicily. The Tunisian poorly equiped troops were obviously outgunned and outnumbered, so they decided to leave Tunis without a fight. The capital was in Sicilian hands and now it was matter of time before it would fall.

v2game2010102923392837.jpg

Invasion force has arrived.

v2game2010102923413979.jpg

Liberalist era has started and it's threathening King's throne as a supporter of reactionary govrement.

v2game2010102923443667.jpg

Tunisian troops returned to Tunis after their treacherous abandoning of the capital.

The traiterous and cowardish Tunisian troops marched back into the capital and ran into buildings for cover as they saw the organized and well-equiped Sicilian troops robbing their city. Tunisian troops began firing, in the process killing many innocent civilians that were running around the city in panick, without a place where to hide.

A Tunisian aristocrat was in a room with 2 Tunisian soldiers that ran into his room to shoot at enemies from there. He saw how those 2 treaterous soldiers killed 8 civilians before they were backstabbed by Sicilian reinforcements that ran into the building without getting noticed.

Tunisians just signed their death sentence and lost their independence, they can now enjoy the last days before the Sicilian hordes will raise Two Sicilies flags above every city of Tunis.

v2game2010102923503760.jpg

Upper House of 1837

Finally the last province was occupied and the glorious Sicilian General that led this invasion is refered to as a hero, even thought he really didn't do much, but it doesn't matter as the military needs population support to survive.

King's image in the eyes of Sicilians has also been improved and now he has shown potentional to fulfill his promise to unite Italy under one flag.

v2game2010102923574665.jpg

Kingdom's new colony has been annexed.

Africa is not a good choice for sicilian expainsion. The papal states get more allies later on, so quickly build up an army. The march to rome should have already begun.But if you do manage to catch the papal states undefended. Take the oppurtunity, the amount of allies they get later on is annoying. P.S. Love the AAR so far.

Africa is not a good choice for sicilian expainsion. The papal states get more allies later on, so quickly build up an army. The march to rome should have already begun.But if you do manage to catch the papal states undefended. Take the oppurtunity, the amount of allies they get later on is annoying. P.S. Love the AAR so far.

Thanks for the advice. I am not really sure how I should do the invasion because it's in sphere of France and I'm only in 10th position so that's kinda far from GP status.

Chapter 3a - Peace is boring, but profitable.

The Kingdom is now waiting for the right moment to strike as peace lasts for several years and is believed to last for next 10 years, until Two Sicilies loose the "bad boy" image it has achieved in the world.

Potato blight has incerased death rate so much that it exceeds the growth rate. King is swimming in money. Tunis nationalists are becoming stronger every day. Population keeps demanding the King for his troops to march into Rome. Looks like all King's early promises have only brought thousands of mad Sicilians at his Palace, instead of gaining him popularity by occupying a weak and uncivilized African nation.

v2game2010103000323167.jpg

Sicilian economy is doing good, but Italian unification hasn't moved forward.

v2game2010103000405796.jpg

New major technology is researched, the reason for picking this technology was to get more money from taxes.

It's already March, 1840 and everything is going well - money is flowing in, industry is incerasing and Two Sicilies dominance in Italy is obvious, sadly it can't be realized due to the sphere leaders messing into Italian affairs. The capitalists somewhy love building artillery factories, but King believes it isn't a problem - more artillery guns means more devastating victories.

Weeks pass one after one while the annoying peace lasts. Various great powers, especially France and the Ottoman Empire are actively fighting for influence in Two Sicilies, while the kingdom has already achieved 8th position which is soon going to grant them great power status.

The King ordered construction of additional clipper transports. Previous war againist Tunis proved that if the country wants to sucessfuly invade a nation that it doesn't share border with, then it will need larger transport fleet.

v2game2010103001031668.jpg

Construction of 2 clipper transports has begun.

Chapter 3b - Great Power

v2game2010103001065845.jpg

The long awaited status has been achieved.

The first step King is going to do with this status is start to influence the Papal States to throw them out of French protection, allowing the march to Rome suceed.

March 24, 1841 - first step towards throwing Pope out of French protection has been completed. The superior Sicilian diplomats have convinced Pope that Sicilian King is his "friend". Soon the Pope will feel the might of Sicilian gunpowder.

June 1, 1841 - Pope has been befriended and the Sicilian King came on an official diplomatical visit to Rome, Pope hopes for close relationship with their neighbours.

August 18, 1841 - Sicilian ambassadors are banned from Rome, French are suspected to be behind this. Influence is now being concentrated into Sardinia-Piedmont.

August 30, 1841 - Sardinian opinion of Sicily has incerased.

Another chance for war has popped up. Modena is weak and it's not in any nation's sphere of influence, this is the ideal chance to get further with the unification. Military plans are being made and King's military advisor suggested that instead of annexing Modena, Sicily should bring it into their sphere of influence, the idea was accepted by King.

Troops are being loaded onto the fleet led by Armando Chigi. The invasion forces will be led by experienced general Mario Chigi that led the invasion of Tunis. What a coincidence - they're brothers.

October 22, 1841 - Sicilian King befriends the leader of Sardinia-Piedmont, next step is removing Sardinians from the French influence.

v2game2010103015095710.jpg

Sicilian invasion force is being unloaded into Modena.

A serious problem was noticed in this invasion - Sicilian fleet has no man'o'wars, so the King ordered construction of one in the capital city. The currently under construction man'o'war will be the new pride of the fleet as the strongest and largest ship in the whole naval fleet.

February 20, 1842 - Sardinia has been removed from French influence, success!

Sicilian forces occupied the province bordering Mediterrian, but it wasn't enough and the foolish Modena didn't want to give up, so attack on capital was unavoidable.

v2game2010103015182257.jpg

Sicilian invasion forces were successful in defeating the garrison, but it wasn't enough and the retreating army was chased down & killed. Only one soldier survived, but he was surrounded by 50 Sicilians and captured.

May 21, 1842 - Sardinia-Piedmot is now brought into Sicilian sphere of influence.

Modena has been defeated and forced to surrender to the superior Sicilian ground forces. This victory has brought Sicily closer to achieving the unification of Italy. The only worry that King currently has is how they're going to force Austria to cede anything.

v2game2010103015243560.jpg

Last edited:

Problem being that you need two wars to completely conquer the Papal state because it is made up of two regions. It's more sensible to expand elsewhere and try to get the Italian states in the SoI of Sicily.

Problem being that you need two wars to completely conquer the Papal state because it is made up of two regions. It's more sensible to expand elsewhere and try to get the Italian states in the SoI of Sicily.

Well I have a modification that allows me to use conquer wargoal whenever I want to. Thought I am going to use your advice then and expand elsewhere. Right now I'm trying to throw Papal States out of French SoI so I can attack them.

Chapter 4 - Are we done yet?

Months keep passing as the Sicilian King keeps spreading influence into the Italian states and begins preparing for the invasion of Austria. The march to Rome is delayed due to French alliance with Papal States.

King's military & population advisors have suggested an expansion into Asia, which would allow to field more troops and would improve the overall situation. If the Sicilians would declare war on Austria to get Lombardia, then they won't be the "bad boys" in world's eyes, that allows expansion into popolous Asia.

March 19, 1845 - Parma is removed from the Austrian sphere of influence, Lucca and Tusnacy are next in the queue.

April 1, 1845 - Lucca is removed from the Austrian sphere of influence, Tusnacy is the only Italian state left under the influence from Austrians.

August 28, 1845 - social reform is enacted to allow state controlled trade unions, King of Sicily states that this is step forward to become a major economical power. Tuscany is also removed from sphere of influence of Austria after outbreak of French-Austrian war.

v2game2010103016285798.jpg

Upper House of 1846 (posting only major changes in UH).

February 12, 1846 - Lucca, Parma and Tuscany are now part of Sicilian sphere of influence.

Sicilian King starts making plans on the invasion of Papal States as it turns out France no longer is allied with Papal States. Invasion must be quick and simple, annexation of Papal States must be done.

War has been declared, Pope's guardians have mobilized, but the Sicilian standing army is still more powerful than anything Pope can mobilize. Plan is simple - eliminate Rome's garrison and keep pushing forward with the support of other Italian nations. Sadly, this time Mario Chigi won't lead the invasion as he passed away a few years ago.

v2game2010103016373418.jpg

Matteo Anfora's led 1st Army right near Rome, supported by 2nd Army above.

Recently mobilized troops in Rome were no match for the well prepared Sicilian standing army led by 2 best Generals of Sicily.

v2game2010103016434029.jpg

Pope's ruling time in Rome has been put to an end. Combined Sicilian & their ally forces are actively occupying all provinces Pope had.

The war was easily won and Papal States was annexed. Pope was allowed to stay in Rome and continue leading Christianity without being captured or without any rights being taken from him. Sadly, Sicilian ally Greece declared bankrupcy in middle of the war, maybe it would have been wise to not call Greeks into this war.

v2game2010103016485042.jpg

Kingdom of Two Sicilies 1846 borders & Greek declaration of bankrupcy.

The unification of Italy has almost been completed.. Austrian-French war is exactly what the King needed, now it's the ideal chance. The war will begin soon and only one nation will win.

Well I have a modification that allows me to use conquer wargoal whenever I want to. Thought I am going to use your advice then and expand elsewhere. Right now I'm trying to throw Papal States out of French SoI so I can attack them.

Can you uplaod it? or is it easy to do? then please give the instructions. i would love to have it!

Nice AAR

Thank you for taking part in the contest and good luck!
I linked your thread in the contest list and will follow your AAR :)

You are a fast writer Ricox, allready 4 chapters, very nice gameplay style AAR so far. :)

But i have to say that your first chapter is deffinatly to short on words, please try to expand it alittle,
maybe with some backround about the leaders or other things, whatever you want, but as its now standing its too short to be eligible.
Chapters 2,3 and 4 are ok from the ammount of words and the ammount of pictures.

Also you could make a little chapter overview in your introduction posting if you want to, but that isnt required,
its just easier navigation for the reader. :)

Thank you again for taking part and keep updating, your doing well for its your first AAR :)

Chapter 5 - Unification of Italy

v2game2010103016561125.jpg

Good news keep following eachother constantly.

The Sicilian economy will sadly suffer the final war that will most likely allow unification of Italy, but it will be worth it, the King knows it.

The moment has come. Sicilian forces are now accompanied by the mobilized and well armed farmer hordes. Austria is weakened due to the constant war with France and now it's time to strike. Sicily is known for using simple plans. A simple plan will be employed in this war also - occupy enemy territory, force Austrians to surrender.

v2game2010103017012410.jpg

1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Armies waiting for attack orders.

Sicilians charge into a small Austrian regiment protecting the border while Sicilian fleet blockades Venice.

v2game2010103017050679.jpg

Unexcepted attack on the Sicilian fleet. The numerically superior Austrians crush Sicilian fleet and it's forced to retreat.

v2game2010103017064134.jpg

The first land battle is a success.

v2game2010103017122803.jpg

The current situation at Lombardia.

Sicilian & her ally troops are actively occupying Lombardia and fighting any incoming Austrian or their ally troops. So far only 2 defeats have been suffered at the hands of Austria - one was in Sardinia-Piedmont, other in the waters near Venice. The victorious Austrian troops in Sardinia were quickly overwhelmed by reinforcements that annhinilated every single enemy soldier.

A decisive battle at the Bay of Naples just re-gained Sicilian naval superiority. The foolish Austrian fleets are all split up and patrolling at the Mediterrian, while superior Sicilian fleet picks them one by one. Sicilian navy is quickly expanding and Austrians are now re-gaining supremacy on the land by contiously sending small brigades behind Sicilian frontlines to re-capture their provinces.

v2game2010103017272243.jpg

1848 situation in Lombardy

The fighting has been tough for Austria. They have lost their naval supremacy and Sicilian troops are crushing any Austrian attempts at liberating provinces behind the frontlines, so the Austrians made a good decision - surrender and cede Lombardia.

v2game2010103017402560.jpg

Austrians finally give up after several month fighting.

Italy has now been unified under one flag and the Sicilian King crowned himself as King of Italy in a large parade in Rome.

v2game2010103017424954.jpg

Unification has been completed.

v2game2010103017435615.jpg

Obviously Sardinians had big role in the unification of Italy which was solely done by Sicily, NOT.

v2game2010103017431239.jpg

Italy still has some expanding to do.

I am still gonna continue the AAR, as Italy.

Thank you for chapter 5 and the expansion of the first chapter, everthing is now eligible for the contest.
(of course you can still expand/improve those 5 chapters if you choose to till the 1st November)

Lets see how you will do as Italy :)

Chapter 6a - Hey, I'm Italy!

v2game2010103018104317.jpg

United Kingdom eating China, it must be delicious!

Italy has now been formed after thousands of Sicilians died to make unification successful.

The first step Sicilian King, now King of Italy, is going to do will be influence Egypt. King's military advisor suggested that this is a good decision because that way Italy will be able to expand into Middle East and there have been talks about creating a canal in the province of Suez, which would mean Italy would be able to create it if it would have Egypt in their sphere of influence.

September 4, 1848 - Italian ambassador in Egypt has befriended the leader of Egypt, relations between the two nations continue to rise and Italy is getting closer to its goal.

v2game2010103018193875.jpg

Task completed.

December 3, 1848 - Egypt has been brought into Italian sphere of influence, rights to construct the Suez Canal are garuanteed unless someone steals Egypt from Italians.

v2game2010103018231415.jpg

Upper house of 1849 introduces anarcho liberals.

Chapter 6b - Hey, Spain, get off my puppet!

v2game2010103018291523.jpg

Spain decided that it's fun to declare war on nations under Italian protection.

Italian King was outraged by the Spanish declaration of war. 2 days after the war started, Egyptian ambassador to Rome arrived and delivered a message from Egyptian leader -
"Greetings, our new ally. We wish to congratulate you with the unification and we thank you for taking us under your protection, but currently we are under attack from Spain, those darn bastards want to pillage Cairo and then make up some ridicilous demands! We request your assistance."

Italian King's response was simple - accepting the Egyptian call to arms. A few hours later, he negotiated military access treaty with the French and Italian poor strata was mobilized for a fight.

v2game2010103018350368.jpg

Sicilian standing army & a few mobilized brigades began marching towards Spain.

To both Italian and Egyptian surprise, the French declared war on Spain, demanding Catalonia. Spain just got itself into a big trouble. Italian King's military advisor recommended to stay in the war for as long as possible, instead of trying to get white peace, that way Spanish economy will be crushed.

v2game2010103018375181.jpg

French decided that Catalonia must be theirs.

Shortly after outbreak of both wars, French-Spanish border was filled with Italian, Spanish and French hordes of infantry, cavalry and sometimes artillery.

v2game2010103018423471.jpg

Hordes of Italian, Spanish and French troops.

Spanish defeat is obvious, they're losing both wars and are unable to break throught the 3 province thick frontline made by French and Italian troops. Italian King made the decision that Valencia should be a good compensation for the Spanish aggression and added it as one of the wargoals.

v2game2010103018492123.jpg

An enemy of my enemy is my friend, the most common reason for alliances.

v2game2010103018510890.jpg

What a nice view... poor Spaniards didn't expect this.

Sadly after a few months of fighting, the Russians, ignoring the good being of their Spanish allies, simply accepted peace treaty from France and ceded Catalonia to French Republic. Italy was now alone in Europe, while Egypt was performing very well in Spanish Nejd.

v2game2010103018551993.jpg

Russians helped Spain only with 5 brigades, cowards...

Spain, a powerful colonial empire, went from 40 brigades (including mobilized poor strata) to 3 brigades that are somewhere in Oceania and the Americas. The morale of Spanish troops has been crushed and these few years will remain in Spanish history as the black era for Spain. It's just matter of time before Valencia is ceded to Italy.

v2game2010103019065128.jpg

Italian forces freely roam around Spain.

v2game2010103019102621.jpg

Italy is not going to miss the chance to become more prestigious in the eyes of the world.

Italian garrison in Madrid pillaged more than two thousand shops, the capital was literally burning and war exhaustion in Spain skyrocketed. Spain decided it's not capable of fighting further and surrendered.

v2game2010103019124117.jpg

Italian Empire in 1850, with the new holdings in Spain.

Sadly the Italian expedition to British colony returned without success. Those damned Russians literally stole the flower from Italian hands! Italian King doesn't forget such things and it will be revenged.. eventually.

v2game2010103019160434.jpg

Eh those Russians...

Chapter 7a - Peacetime returns.

v2game2010103117380932.jpg

Italian King estabilishes penal colony in Tunis.

Italy recently acquired a casus belli againist Spain after they unjustfully arrested a South Italian at the borders of Italian Valencia-Spain. Truce is going to last for atleast 3 more years and our casus belli wont change anything if we attack Spain using it after truce expired.

Recently the Italian armed forces have been joined in by a large amount of guards - elite Italian infantry that is soon going to replace every single standart infantry soldier in the army. This is going to be a step closer to successful war againist Austria to regain our cores.

v2game2010103117433648.jpg

Without a single doubt, King orders police to shut down the underground printing press.

v2game2010103117594576.jpg

Italian King dislikes lazy workers and turns down this ridicilous proposal.

v2game2010103118262671.jpg

Jacobin rebel demands get enforced in Bavaria.

Everything is going well in Italy, middle class enjoys luxury goods, clergymen enjoy very high wages, Italian army is expanding at fast rate and infantrymen are replaced with elite guards. Economy is going very well. Amongst all the good things is a not so good thing - the Italian industry is a bit stuck because King wants to concentrate his efforts on attracting more soldiers, instead of craftsmen for all the factories built in Italian states.

v2game2010103118301420.jpg

Italian economical situation in 1853

v2game2010103118363712.jpg

Rome is a glorious city and all nations of the world should know that by now.

Chapter 7b - Liberating Italian people.

A few years have passed since Italy has been unified and still large amount of Italians are stuck in Austrian provinces, so it's time to finally help them. Italian King has passed an official declaration of war againist Austria, only 2 months after Austrians offered an alliance to the King.

1st Army, 2nd Army and 3rd Army are all stationed on Austrian-Italian border and are ready to strike. The invasion will be led by 1st Army General Domenico Gironda and his elite guards. All three armies mainly consist of elite guards, so that's a big step forward from the previous war and Austrians will have harder time getting anything done because they most likely have no elite infantry.

v2game2010103118552164.jpg

Italians are ready to retake their land.

The Italians cross the Austrian-Italian border and their Swiss allies join in the fight with their 11 brigade army. First battle of the war occurs in Padua, the invading force quickly takes care of the garrison.

v2game2010103118574839.jpg

The garrison was unable to hold out for long.

The war was not going well enough, too many casualties were suffered (I incerases soldier to pop damage to 0.4) which prevented standing army brigades from getting reinforced, so the decision was made - mobilize poor strata. Around 70 brigades were mobilized and armed, they were preparing to rush down the Austrian defences on the border.

v2game2010103119183276.jpg

Situation in Venetia and surrounding states incerased after the mobilized Italian hordes pushed throught the unorganized Austrian men.

v2game2010103119315018.jpg

Massive Bavarian reactionary rebel hordes in Bavaria.

Year has passed since the Italian standing army was struggling to gain entry into Austria, but now everything has changed. Half of Austria is occupied by Italy & her allies, there are no hopes left for the unorganized and tattered Austrian army, yet they're refusing to sumbit to all Italian demands which are South Tirol, Venetia, Tirol, Dalmatia etc. regions where North Italians live.

v2game2010103119425234.jpg

Austria is soon going to be fully occupied.

v2game2010103119491284.jpg

First good decision made by Austrians - surrender.

Italian King is now a star in the eyes of his people, all the brave men that were part of the standing army and the mobilized poor strata have become famous after they managed to gain provinces where North Italian culture is majority.

v2game2010103119511539.jpg

Italian Empire borders of 1857.

I always like to imagine an united Italy under the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. Always something you can just swirl around in a cup and ponder about. And it looks like you've done quite well, although the beating up of Austria is normal! And the Mediterranean looks so nice surrounded by Green! ;)

This AAR is really good, can't wait for more!

Status
Not open for further replies.